Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Just the Two of Us

Arnie figured that 15 years of marriage deserved something special, so he drove us south and east to Sisters, Oregon. It is such a quaint little destination town. Adorable shops - we'll get some of that scenery for you tomorrow. We are staying at this beautiful resort called Five Pines- although right away we noticed there are more than five! I think they are Ponderosas for the most part. It is very rustic, log cabin on the outside, but very swanky on the inside. We arrived at dinner time, sat out on the back deck and had a glass of pinot gris and then headed over to the 3 creeks brewery for dinner. Oh my. We started with a sampler from their brewery - I like the beers with a more hoppy flavor, like the IPA and the Red. Arnie likes the lighter ones - the wheat and the rye.

Next we each ordered something from the menu made with one of the beers. Arnie ordered a pork chop cooked in the Anvil Amber with mushrooms, butter, and lemon. It was tender and delicious. I ordered the Porthouse Ale Chipotle Sausage Sandwich which they cure here at the restaurant. I tell you, it was delicious. Perfectly spicy served smothered in grilled peppers and red onions. Sweet and spicy. I had sweet potato fries with it. They were crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.


We polished off the meal with a Brownie Melt Down. A soft and chewy, rich and chocolaty brownie with ice cream and hazelnuts. Oh boy. I'm looking forward to the next few days. The resort has a movie theater - think we'll go see Grownups. There is a spa and I already have a massage appointment, and check out out soaking tub. It's in the floor. Crazy huge for soaking luxuriously. We have our own private cabin. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. My guy, he knows how to pick them, doesn't he?


1 comment: