Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bedtime for Anakin


I love this. This is how Anakin, the cat, goes to bed every night. First I put Katie to bed and Anakin follows us in and rubs against Katie. He flops himself down as close to her head as she will let him, which is not very close. I turn on her music, kiss and hug her, tell her "God Bless You", and pet Anakin on my way out. He doesn't stay long in there, because Katie is wiggly. Pretty soon, he is meowing and following Robby around, as though he is remonstrating Robby that it is time for bed. When Robby and I finally make our way into his bedroom, Anakin runs ahead, meowing. He jumps up on the bed - not an easy feat since he is overweight and has no tail. Besides, Robby's bed is a pedestal bed; much higher than normal. Usually Robby has to catch him and boost him up. Anakin will usually head right for the pillow, looking at Robby as though he is taking up too much space. Robby and I laugh because we think Anakin believes it is his bedroom, not Robby's. Robby let's Anakin cuddle right up, even letting Anakin lick his face a few times. If I had not started this piece out with Anakin, the cat, wouldn't you think I was writing about a dog?

We had a great night - Arnie is now officially on summer break, too. Katie and I cooked up a huge batch of chicken and rice. She is such a great helper. Stirring away at the vegetables for me. The food was yummy and we had a fun conversation during dinner. I love it when all four of us are there. Lots of laughter and love, and of course, Anakin meowing at us like we forgot to pull up a chair for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment