Thursday, July 1, 2010

An Oregon Morning



I woke up early this morning - of course. Somehow the older I get the less my body understands about sleeping in. Inside the cabin it is dark, which is great for Arnie because he is still sleeping. The gas fire is still going as he sleeps in the enormous bed surrounding by big fluffy pillows. I made some coffee with the "Three Sisters Dark Roast" and went outside into the morning light on the patio. So serene. The landscape is left to the wild flowers and beautiful,tall pines. A couple of chipmunks scurried around too fast to get a picture. They were tiny. They looked like mice compared to the chipmunks that bury seeds all over my gardens.


Five Pines is great because of the small details. From the bars of chocolate left in basket on the coffee table, to the tree that the patio is made around, to the simple and warm woodwork in the cabin, this place is elegant and peaceful. What would the Beatles sing? "All my troubles seem so far away"...You know how sunlight is described as filtering through the trees. That is what I'm gazing at this morning.

I sit here wondering how Grandma and the kids are doing. Probably great. They said they ate outside on the patio last night. Very fun. Katie and Grandma made some peanut butter cookie bars which Katie lovingly took a picture of. There's definitely a blog there later.


We are off to continental breakfast. They have yogurt and hard-boiled eggs, cereal and bagels, and these delicious little scones and fruit. Even Arnie had two scones. He is not usually a pastry person, but these scones were crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and not too thick. Well, now I have to bravely put on my bathing suit as we are off to our spa appointment which includes time in the sauna and the hot tub.

One last visitor before we leave for our appointment. Wow. Practically on our patio.
Happy Anniversary, Arnie! I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment