Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Home-Spun Meal



What a great day! Despite the rain that came back after only one beautiful day of sunshine. The kids and I got home from church to find Arnie's truck gone. On a Sunday from June to October that translates to "Gone Fishin". We cleaned and worked around the house while he was gone. The kids both did a great job of sorting through their rooms because we are gearing up to have a garage sale next weekend. I made banana bread muffins with some bananas that no one would touch anymore - as a sweet surprise I put white chocolate chips in them. They were so delicious. Katie and I both ate too many in row. Thank goodness I made mini muffins.

I set a roast out to defrost and went to work folding laundry and sweeping the kitchen. About 20 minutes after I set that roast out, Arnie called. Good news! He got a fish. Yahoo! Usually when he calls, he has a small trout or whitefish that we fry up and have as a side dish. Always delicious, but just a morsel. This time! Yow! Arnie brought home dinner. That trout must have been about 4 pounds. This is one of the biggest he's reeled in. I threw that roast back in the freezer and searched the Internet for interesting trout recipes. I found a site called Boston Chef. It is a blog that seems to be mostly about seafood - check it out at bostonchef.blogspot.com/. They had a great recipe for barbecuing the trout wrapped in bacon. Oh my. The fish was amazing. And so is my handsome fisherman.

1 comment:

  1. Ah so sweet, the part about your handsome fisherman!

    ReplyDelete