Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Ups and Downs of Snow

 The snow started falling quietly on Sunday.  I posted pictures of us at coffee hour at church.  Sunday evening, the snow had stopped and the ground was wet, so I took Robby in to town for youth group.  I sure wish I hadn't done that.  Of course it got crunchier and icier while we were in youth group.  When we walked out the door, the air was cold.  Robby and I were chatting and down he went.  So fast and so hard, there was nothing I could do.  We were separated by a stair rail - which he was reaching for when he went down.  He hit the cement stairs hard on his back, bounced up and came down again.  I heard that noise that people make when the wind is knocked out of their lungs and then he just moaned.  I was so scared that he had injured his back.  His back pain increased so Arnie took him to the ER.  Our second visit in 7 days!

Luckily, Robby has a deep contusion along his back in two spots, but no broken or fractured bones. He stayed home from school yesterday to ice it and rest (doctor's orders) and was not supposed to take part in PE or recess today.  Again, lucky guy, we went to school late yesterday and then not at all today!  He is feeling better and is back to being the cagey eleven-year-old that we know and love.

Katie and I enjoyed a walk in the snow.  There is so much of it.  I'm worried about what the winter has in store for us since it is not even Thanksgiving yet!  Crazy weather.
Looking down into the valley from our hillside.  Very snowy.

Looking back up our street at the trees.

Katie's face was cold, so she pulled her hat over it and figured I could guide her home.  I convinced her otherwise since I thought we'd get frostbite walking as slowly as she was.

The best meal on a cold day? Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment