Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Robby, My Champion

My resilient kid.  Here's Robby the night he fell, before he fell.  Having fun in the snow at our house.  He had been looking through my Rachael Ray magazine the day before and had requested that we make Nacho Sliders for dinner, so he helped me shop for the ingredients after church and here we are making them.
Ground sirloin, onion, chili powder, coriander and cumin.

We grilled the patties first, then spread re-fried beans on each, topped each with tortilla chips and cheese.

After the cheese was melted, we topped the sliders with tomatoes, sour cream, and jalapeños.
The sliders were awesome.  We paired them with our favorite potato wedges and ketchup.  Robby liked the jalapeños a lot.  It was a great start to a night that ended up in the ER.  We don't have school again tomorrow, which is kind of a bummer for Robby.  He's been keeping his hospital id bracelet on to show his friends!  I'm going to need to talk him out of it this weekend, I think.  Here is he tonight in the snow, feeling much better and braving the elements for some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment