Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Prep Meant Jalapeños in the Lewis House

This week we bought a jar of jalapeños because Robby wanted to make those nacho sliders.  He tried and liked the jalapeños.  I hadn't had jalapeños for long time - as I recall the last time I did my mouth burned for a few days.  This time, I decided to try them again in small amounts.  My mouth did not burn.  I rather liked the heat and decided that we should eat them again soon, so this night while making Thanksgiving preparations, we made nachos and got out those jalapeños again.  Yum.  Lovely sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, cheesy nachos.
We got into the Thanksgiving spirit and began to prep for our hopeful trip to Port Townsend.  I was particularly hopeful that the weather would break so that we could travel, so I enlisted the kids to peel apples for the tart that I wanted to make.
Katie gets in the spirit!

R and K are great apple peelers.
After caramelizing the apples on the stove, they are baked in the oven.  Puffed pastry is baked on the top.
The whole thing is turned upside down in a dish to create a pie-like tart.  Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment