Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Breakfast Still a Deficit in our Household

So what is it with breakfast? I get so frustrated with my two little athletes. They never want to eat in the morning. I thought that was a grown up thing. Usually I don't eat too much, but I didn't start that until I was a starving and disorganized college kid. My two get up about a half hour before time to leave for their practices on summer mornings, and their tummies are not ready to eat. We have cereal and bread for toast. We have granola bars and bagels. We have fruit and juice.

This morning they both got tired of me nagging them and both grabbed a banana. Katie started hers at home and twenty-five minutes later, she was finally taking the last bites as we drove into the YMCA parking lot! Robby ate all of his at home, slouched in the chair, grumpily. However, I worry. His soccer camp is three hours long. How can one banana be enough energy to sustain him for three hours. Really, he is tiny, but I think he needs more. You know what they want, don't you? Mom should wake up early and make pancakes or waffles or eggs every day! I guess if I really want them to eat, I would.
Here's my sweet Katie, not really concentrating on eating her banana, but more on the cat who is chasing some of the stringy peel that came off her banana.

Robby swears the banana gets him through. He also told me that he ate the granola bar, too. But still, is it enough? Where are my child experts? Do I push more breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment