Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuna Dip, Anyone?

With all the tuna we can, we definitely make a lot of tuna sandwiches with tuna and mayonnaise. Sometimes we add pickles or celery or cheese. Sometimes we grill them toasty. This, though, is a great dip or spread recipe that rocks! Or so the kids say. Here's what you need from your cupboards and refrigerator:
1 can of tuna
2 tbsp chopped onion (scallions are great, too)
8 ounce pkg of cream cheese, softened (I prefer neufchatel)
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp horseradish
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder


Start by draining and flaking the tuna. Next, chop the onion. Next, beat the onion, cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, salt and garlic until smooth. Finally, mix in the tuna until well-combined.




















And the results! We like to serve it with crackers - notice the pretty paprika sprinkled on the top. Such a great appetizer. Also, we make sandwiches. This fancy one that Katie had for lunch was on a bagel with garden lettuce, served with fresh fruit.










My next tuna post will hopefully be Dorrie's Mac 'n Cheese with tuna. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. I am a tuna freeek..meaning I love it. I have been known to go to a potluck and try all the tuna casseroles there. There was also one we used to make with cottage cheese and it sounds yucky I know but it was great. Now I need to eat less of all the yummy stuff in those casseroles but I eat it a lot with my salads...any boring salad is fabulous with tuna.

    Your dip is especially tasty also, I think you brought it to Sheree's once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Swiss! I'm going to can more tuna. I will try to schedule time to come see you and bring tuna.

    ReplyDelete