Saturday, July 24, 2010

She's My Girl!

Lately Katie has been coming up with lots of ideas for Mom's blog. She is such a sweet kid. Ask anyone who knows her - they'll agree. She is funny and attentive and sensitive. Silly to say how much you love your own kids, right? But I love her. My Katie. I have lots of pictures that she has taken over time for my blog, but not all of them have been saved. This is the most recent one - here is my ambitious and thoughtful daughter with her salmon nuggets. She found this recipe in one of her cookbooks for kids and we made them together for dinner one night - just for the blog. The sauce on the side was the best light tartar sauce with lemon and dill. Everyone ate these up. The recipe included canned salmon, shredded baked potato, salt, pepper, and an egg to hold the mixture together. We rolled them in cracker crumbs and pan fried them. Really tasty. We made 25 of them and ate them all. Aren't they appetizing looking?

When Arnie and I were on our anniversary jaunt in Oregon, Katie and Grandma Mary made peanut butter cookie bars with real strawberries on the top. Grandma Mary said they were very pretty. Unfortunately, it is one of the pictures that was lost, but if Grandma said they were pretty, well...Okay, Grandma would say it was pretty if it was gray and lumpy, so she might not be the best judge. Robby, however, being the more truthful, don't-worry-about-anyone's-feelings kind of person, said they were "cool looking". They were also very rich and even the Lewis kids couldn't eat all of the cookie bars before they turned to mush. By the time Arnie and I got home, they were not pretty. I still tasted them, though. Very yummy.

Here's Katie's fishing story! This was pre-blog, so I thought I'd add it in during my Katie story. She caught this mountain whitefish at a nearby lake with Arnie summer of 2009. She and Robby were fishing down a hill from Arnie at the lake and were so excited that she had a fish on the line, they were dancing around and reeling it in together. Mountain whitefish are very delicate, delicious meat, but are very bony. They are a lot of work to eat, but are worth it when your daughter glows during the whole dinner. Her fish.

I'm sure there will be more Katie blogs to come as she is my idea girl. She is also a great cook these days!

2 comments:

  1. YAY Katie= what a great young woman you have turned out to be...love you blog ideas. I remember catching my first fish too, I think Dad was more proud than I was, though.

    I am celebrating 25 years with Boeing this week, should I bring my big poster to show off? The one with me and the fire hose? I could not find one any where but your Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Bruce had one and gave it to me...I hope to make copies for all but it is sooo big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Congratulations on 25 years from the Lewises.

    ReplyDelete