Saturday, July 30, 2011

Harley Weekend in Ocean Shores

Last year when we went to Harley Hog Wild Weekend, I forgot my camera.  The bikes are impressive and amazing.  As are the people, whom I try not to photograph.  Arnie says that if you look a biker in the eye, he has to kill you.  I, however, believe that Arnie has watched too many cheesy biker movies.  Arnie misses his motorcycle days.  When we first started dating he owned a Honda and dreamed about Harley Sportsters.  Now, he might be able to afford a Sportster, but dreams about sending his kids to college.

So, we go to Harley-fest instead.  The kids and I like to look at the bikes, but really enjoy the fair booth food.  Today Arnie and I ate "Fat Boy" onion burgers that were not as fat as the tires on the Fat Boy bikes.  Well, maybe.  Arnie added garlic onion rings and Robby ate garlic fries.  Katie had a hot dog and potato chips.  The kids ordered lemon-aide and I, I had to try the deep fried pickles.  Hot, sour pickles dipped in batter.  Hmmm.  I'm glad I tried them, but think I'll pass next time.  If I find them deep fried as chips, I might try them again.

      

The Deep Fried Pickles with Ranch Dressing.




Arnie and Robby admiring another sportster.

A band played old Rock and Roll songs.

I almost forgot.  Ice cream concoctions from Murphy's parlor.

Bikers leaving town.

Katie takes great photographs from the back seat!
Katie took some great pictures of some bikes leaving Grays Harbor later in the day.  Wow.  They sound so powerful on the highway.  Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment