Friday, July 15, 2011

Bacon as Dessert

Last year I tried a bacon truffle at a chocolate shop in Seaside, Oregon.  Yum.  I had been watching chefs on television making all kinds of desserts with bacon and had wondered what it would taste like.  It seems like a salt and sugar mix that would go well.  Even though it is meat...which lots of people can't seem to gel in their minds.

Anyway, I loved the truffle.  In December I baked bacon chocolate chip cookies. (See December 22)  Those were tasty, too.  When I saw the advertisement for Denny's "Baconalia" campaign, I knew I'd have to go.  In an effort to continue our open-mindedness regarding food, I felt compelled to embrace the bacon.  We ate at Denny's after a cold soccer game in rainy May.  Katie avoided the rain that day by staying warm at a friend's house.  Arnie, Robby, and I went to lunch after the soccer game and ran into "Baconalia"!

Arnie ate this massive breakfast burger.

Robby scarfed cheesy fries with bacon.

I can't remember what I had!  Great sandwich with cheese and bacon.

And, of course, the maple bacon sundae.
We loved the food.  I do think I would have preferred chocolate sauce to maple syrup on my sundae...The bacon was yummy with the vanilla ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment