Monday, October 10, 2011

Lake Wynoochee





We have this beautiful lake about 30 miles up the road from us in the national forest.  On this cool summer night, Arnie, the kids and I went up to barbecue a salmon.  We took a salmon that Arnie had caught that morning in the river.  He and the kids fished the lake while I barbecued the salmon, wrapped up with onions and lemon, and the corn.  For serving, I dropped Feta cheese on the fish, although I'm not sure I should print that since I hear that many chefs do not like cheese on fish.  We thought it was great, so who cares what the experts think?  I brought a fresh garden salad and goddess dressing.  The evening was quiet and cool - only a couple other people visited the park.  Too cold to swim, but wonderful for walking around the trails and visiting the dam.

1 comment: