Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ahhh! The End of Spring Break

And the end of the leftovers in the fridge.  Here's a great reason to keep cans of refrigerated pizza dough on hand.  I had leftover bottled pizza sauce, leftover crushed tomatoes and a cupboard full of Italian spices.  I had leftover smoked chicken, leftover steak, and a vegie drawer full of veggies.  Two great and terribly easy to make pizzas.

The steak pizza has green peppers, onions, and a hint of garlic.  The smoked chicken pizza had sun-dried tomatoes, onions, and a hint of garlic.  Several kinds of cheese and voila!  I mixed basil, oregano, and marjoram together to enhance the crushed tomatoes and made a wonderful sauce.  Pizza that pleases the people perfectly.

On a normal week, I wouldn't have the jar of sun-dried tomatoes.  Lately, though, I've been checking out the shopping cart full of crap at the grocery store that says something ridiculous like "Last Chance: 60% off" or something that really means, "So old, going to have to throw it away".  I do check the expiration dates before I splurge, but sometimes, as in the case of the sun-dried tomatoes, they are deals that just shouldn't be passed up.  Today at the store all I found in the cart was a very dented and bulging can of tuna and some strange shampoo products that looked like champagne.  Oh well.  I guess I can't find something every time.

We have a not-so-busy week this week.  I'm looking forward to getting back to school and being able to come home in the afternoon.  Thursday will be fun.  We will be having the drama program's Academy Awards.  The kids bought new clothes.  I'm making fancy turtle brownies.  Very fun.  More on that later.

I'd love to hear from people.  You should be able to leave a comment without having to sign your life away!  What do you do with your leftovers?  Any creative ideas out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment