Monday, March 28, 2011

Ushering (Maybe Pushing) in Spring

Here we are in Spring Break.  It feels a little early this year, although I really think it happens the same time every year.  We are staying home.  Today I cleaned the cupboard doors, did laundry, my homework for a class that I took, and watched Disney Channel with Katie.  We also took a trip to Home Depot. While Arnie and Robby looked for casters for Arnie's tool box project, Katie and I checked out the garden shop.

We saw lots of flowers and a few vegetables.  I felt a surge of energy and excitement.  Lettuce!  Salad bowl time.  We picked out three kinds of lettuce:  red leaf, butter crunch, and romaine. As we were heading to the register, I spied some herbs to add to our salad bowls. A couple types of parsley and rosemary.  Mmmmm.  Katie spied purple flowers.  She loves purple.  The first purple flower she spotted was a primrose, but I suggested the viola pansies since we don't have any of those.  We have a lot of primroses.


The weather is rainy, but our new additions to our deck make us think spring is coming.  Goodbye winter, hello spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment