Monday, March 28, 2011

Arnie Smokes Meat

The kids and I surprised Arnie with a smoker this Christmas.  Okay.  Surprise is a strong word.  It is really hard to surprise Arnie.  I think the only time I surprised him was the Christmas I bought him a leather coat.  I hung it in my closet at school and waited until Christmas Eve to go get it.  Then, I left it in the car until we opened presents on Christmas morning!  That year he was genuinely surprised.  But that was pre-kids and a long time ago.  Now, I usually go get what he asks me to get for him!

He's been wanting a smoker.  In fact, the more time he spends fishing, the more he wants a smoker.  I decided we should start with a gas Brinkman - apparently a pretty standard outdoor cookery brand.

The smoker has been very fun and delicious.  So far he has smoked chicken parts of all kinds, pork chops, and salmon.  All very yummy.  He is quite talented.  These are photos of a dinner we made with chicken which Arnie smoked.  Succulent is an effective descriptor.




I love my part in this dinner - sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment