Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Used to Bake Often

The smell of warm yeast.  Bread rising and baking.  Smells that I love.  When the kids were little, we were home more often, so I used to bake rolls and breads.  I would bake a lot on one day and put some in the freezer for later.  I would even freeze the dough after the initial rising and forming of the loaves.  When we were ready to eat the bread, I'd pull the frozen dough out of the freezer in the morning.  By afternoon, it was ready to bake.
Robby set a play list for cleaning time.  We rocked out.
So today, we had nowhere to go and nothing to do.  Yay!  I made wheat rolls.  The kids, sadly, did not remember me ever making bread and were pretty fascinated by the process, although not for long.  They lazed around the house after their chores were done while I slaved in the hot kitchen.  Sweat dripping from my brow as I labored over...okay.  It was fun and not hot and not sweaty.  I forgot how much I love making bread.  I might try a buttermilk loaf of some kind on Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment