Thursday, December 30, 2010

Making Pizza Together

My sister-in-law and brother encourage their children to be involved in food, too.  Okay, all my siblings do.  Since my mom and dad tried to involve us in the kitchen, we are passing that along.  Like most families, food is always a big part of our gatherings.  I have sweet pictures of the cousins making bread sticks with my older sister at an Easter gathering when they were toddlers. This week, my niece turned 9, so we went up to Seattle to make pizza and celebrate her birthday.



My creative sister-in-law made 7 small rounds of dough and everyone got to top their own pizza.  Della, the birthday girl, had chosen cheese and pepperoni for the pizzas.  The kids had a great time building their own pie.  The youngest, Hank, had a little too much encouragement from his big cousins and got a little carried away with the pepperoni.  He doesn't actually eat much pepperoni, so his mom helped him take some off.

The pizzas were great fun to make and eat!  These memories go a long way.  I know these four will talk about Della's birthday for a long time.  I included a picture of Della and Hank's dog, Otis.  He is a sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment