Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Garden's Last Legs

Well, I hung in there. Letting the garden stay put, drooping, browning, looking lethargic, was difficult for me. When the garden looks vibrant and healthy is the crowning glory. Now is not its crowning glory. However, it produces. I harvested and froze small bags of beans and carrots. Today I made two jars of tomato sauce and hope to make more next weekend. Yikes! Freezing and canning the garden in October! What a crazy season this has been! At least my weekends have allowed me to keep working the garden.

As the school year takes off, so does our time. I am back to planning lessons and correcting student work. Robby and Katie are swimming, playing soccer, playing volleyball, and tumbling every night of the week which of course means that I am driving, sitting, or working out myself if we are at the YMCA. Not such a bad schedule since I can get work done or do something great for myself when they are at practice. Such a bad schedule for my publishing efforts, though. Perhaps it is time for a technology update...something to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment