Saturday, October 16, 2010

Beautiful Sauce


I spent a few hours making a few more jars of sauce. Just for the satisfaction of putting up my garden. The sauce is really a beautiful color. Even though the tomatoes were bruised up on the outside form the cold weather, they were still lovely on the inside. Isn't that what counts? Inner beauty. Regardless of the weather, I was determined to get something out of that garden. Tonight I have some beans to freeze.

After laboring over that sauce today, I couldn't bear to open one of my jars for spaghetti. In total silliness, I opened store bought sauce, browned up some hamburger, onion, garlic, and poured that processed sauce all over it. As I gaze lovingly at my home-canned tomato sauce, I wonder if I will ever be able to open it. Maybe if next season is better, I will be able to let go of this season's sauce...

No comments:

Post a Comment