Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Omelet

I had a great Mother's Day. I woke up to a little person snuggling in bed with me. Very sweet. I went to the kitchen to make some coffee, but was sternly told, by a very excited nine year old, "Ok, but then you have to go back to bed because Daddy and I have a surprise for you."

I made my coffee and headed back to bed; this time with my less snuggly laptop. I laid in bed surfing the news and thinking about my blog. The smells from the kitchen gave me hunger pains. I was so happy to see a scrumptious omelet come in on the plate - and a fragrant cup of coffee along with it. It was full of salmon (canned by me last august), Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade from Trader Joe's, and pepper jack cheese. Katie had ground fresh black pepper on the top, and Arnie had grated the pepper jack very finely around the plate. Very pretty.



Robby hadn't gone to church yet, since he was still out with his buddy yesterday when Katie and I went, so we went again after breakfast. We had a quick lunch of left over pizza and then went to our local Dennis Company hardware and garden store. I got to buy more vegetables for my garden, some extra pots, soil, and compost. We spent all afternoon planting. So great to get the garden started earlier than usual.

The grand finale was champagne for Mommy and a wonderful curried chicken dinner with rice and green beans fried in butter and dill. Wow. The curried chicken was an Arnie creation of which I am treated to on special occasions. I savor these as there is no repeating them! They are all one-of-a-kind dishes made with lots of love. Everyone helped to make a delicious Mom's Day dinner.



We topped the evening off with brownies frosted with cream cheese frosting. I'm so proud of my kids. They really are great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment