Monday, January 16, 2012

New Years Party at the Lewis's

My table decorations.
I love New Years.  It is a new beginning - a new look on life.  The years go by and I try to be a better person every year.  There is something inspiring about celebrating a new year with family.  I was so excited that Cathy and her kids, Erik and Mara, and Mom came down this year to celebrate with us.  The Lewis tradition continued.  Everyone brought an appetizer, we put together a puzzle (this one saved from Grandpa Bruce's garage sale), and watched TV.

Grandma started the appetizers with freshly marinated mozzarella balls and Ritz crackers.  I forgot to pull the camera out before they were all gone!  Katie and I followed Grandma with little smokies.  Katie made Pigs-n-a-blankets and I made smokies in BBQ sauce.  I used my peach preserves from the summer to sweeten the sauce.
Katie's Pigs-in-a-blankets.

She made a special sauce for them.
 Next, Mara made fruit smoothies for us and Cathy put together a tray of veggies and dip.  Yum.
Look, you can see tomorrow's breakfast behind Mara's smoothie!

Queen of the blender.







Erik made his specialty for us.  We ate toasted bagels with peanut butter, cream cheese, or jam.  He even brought my old fashioned strawberry jam to use on the bagels!  I love that they love my jam.
Arnie and Robby prepared chicken for us.  Arnie smoked drumettes with a mixture of wood chips and Robby made hot wings for us.  Robby would like to work in the restaurant business when he grows up.  I think he's got a good chance.  He is quite a chef.
Coating the chicken parts.

Brushing on the delicious sauce.

Arnie's smoked drumsticks.

We had a great time and wish everyone a happy new year.  Hopefully we can make the party a tradition from now on.  Maybe next year the Floyd clan will join us!
After a game of Banana's, Katie and Mara wished everyone a Happy New Year!

Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment