Monday, January 16, 2012

Remodeling the Tree House


Arnie tore down the tree house this summer and is rebuilding.  Bigger, Better, Faster...no wait. That was the bionic man.  The tree house is definitely bigger and better, though.  It has the coolest ladder/staircase on the back wall that leads to two loft spaces on either side of the eaves.  The deck on the front is gone so that the inside is bigger.  The kids love it.  He's not finished with it yet.  The roof and siding still needs work, but wow is it a popular place around here.  Katie brought her whole soccer team up to see it. The12 girls poked around in it, sticking their heads out the window, climbing the back stairs, and sitting on the lofts.

I like this picture because the zip line is still attached.  The infamous zip line.  The day that Robby and Arnie tested it, Robby ended up in the ER.  He fell from the line about 3 feet from the tree house. I don't think I'll ever measure it to find out exactly how far he fell, but I estimated 12 feet for the ER. He once again escaped his accident with a minor concussion and soreness.  Amazing.  Needless to say, the zip line came off the tree house the next day.

I started this blog last summer, before Weyerhauser started logging the forest behind our house.  Here is the tree house today, in the snow, with no trees behind it!  Arnie now has a roof on it and is putting paper on the walls.  I know, I'm not very technical.  Hopefully he will help me with my vocabulary!

The tree house is cool!  Arnie and the kids tried to sleep in it during the windstorm in December this year.  They made it to midnight before coming inside.  Pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment