Saturday, January 8, 2011

My favorite Salmon Recipe

I can't remember if I've written this recipe in this blog before.  We found this recipe many years ago.  It is a mainstay in our cooking repetoire.  As a grateful inhabitant of the northwest, we eat as much salmon as possible - especially when friends gift us with big, beautiful, meaty lengths of salmon. Our children even appreciate seafood.  They especially appreciate salmon, although this is one of the foods that they still put ketchup on.  Funny.  Tonight I baked salmon topped with green onions and tomato.  Healthy and delectable and filling.





This is a rather elegant and simple dish.  It is easy to prepare, cooks within a half hour, and looks beautiful going to the table.  I wish I had taken a picture of it, but oh well, I think the recipe creates a picture in your head just because it is so simple!

Salmon Fresca

Salmon fillet, 1 pound
juice from 1/2 a lemon
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place salmon on parchment paper on a shallow baking pan or spray or oil the pan.  Fold under the thinner edges of the salmon for even cooking.  Season with salt and pepper.  In a bowl, stir together tomatoes, onions, lemon juice.  Evenly top the salmon with the tomato mixture.  Bake salmon for 20 - 30 minutes, until salmon is flaky.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy and I are going to have this next weekend, Shirley does not like Salmon. ????

    ReplyDelete