Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Today I turned 42! I was thinking about how much more comfortable I am as a 42 year old than I was as a 22 year old. I really do like getting older. Maybe I will feel different when I'm fifty, but right now I like getting older. Each age sounds wiser to me. Every year, I wake up on my birthday and wait to see if I'm wiser. Hmmm. Tonight I don't feel much different - a little full. I ate 3 chocolate, chocolate chip cookies before lunch, a sandwhich and a mandarin orange for lunch, a cupcake after lunch, a cupcake before the kids' swimming lesson, a greek salad, and then another cupcake after that, followed by several yummy butter cookies dipped in dark chocolate.

Neither Robby nor Katie go crazy for cake. Don't get me wrong, they will always take a piece. Today when I offered them each a cupcake for my birthday, they both took a chocolate one. Katie has more of a sweet tooth than Robby does. She sneaks candy and cookies when we have them in the house. Robby not so much. I usually end up throwing away his Halloween candy around Christmas.

I really am not particularly a cake person either, but my birthday buddy at work brought me some delicious little cupcakes from Suzie's Bakery. The first one I had was a deep chocolate with a whipped chocolate filling. Wow. So good. The next one I had was a fluffy white cake with the same whipped chocolate filling. Mmmhm. The last one was that fluffy white cake with a lovely lemony filling. Ahhhh. So, on my 42nd birthday, I am a cake person.

No comments:

Post a Comment