Sunday, May 1, 2011

Maureen's Birthday (after the actual birthday)

Spring is way too busy to have a birthday.  Okay.  Anytime of year is hard to have a birthday!  Arnie was at a school talent show on my birthday and Robby had soccer practice, so we waited until this weekend to celebrate my 43rd.

Arnie smoked a chicken for me.  Yum.  Applewood chips and garlic - so delectable and moist. He such a good guy he even chose asparagus for me, roasted it with balsamic vinegar, and so yummy.  We had sourdough bread - cracked wheat, no less - with it to round out a delicious dinner.  After dinner we played Wii as a family- apparently I'm really good at Frisbee and really bad at basketball.  During basketball, I kept jumping up and hitting the ceiling, sending myself into fits of laughter.  How can a video game make you do something so silly and ridiculous?  I can power cruise pretty well and I'm okay at table tennis.  Robby laughed a lot when I bowled and Katie was mad because she was my partner.

My sister-in-law made these beautiful plates for us in 2005.  We get them out every year on our birthdays.

Nice table, Arnie!  Such a prince.

Arnie's job.

Not Robby's job.

Katie's job--searching for something, but what?

Wow!

Yummy pie.
After some Wii, we ate a delicious frozen pie.  Chocolate and whipped cream with a cookie crust. Delicious.  An excellent 43 years, I tell you.  A person couldn't ask for more.

1 comment: